Sunday, February 17, 2013

Let's Get Medieval!

The fabulous Arizona weather continues, so we've been doing our best to take things outside and enjoy it while it lasts.  I know the terrible, terrible season that these people call Summer is coming, so we're living it up while we can. :)  I'm surprised at how quickly time is flying by these days--in just a little over two weeks we'll get to find out (if the baby cooperates) whether we're going to have a little boy or girl! Super exciting!  The last appointment went well (145 bpm heart rate!), so fingers crossed for a cooperative little one at the next visit, too!

So, catching up: we spent the first weekend of the month in snowy Utah, enjoying our good friends' wedding (the Manti temple was gorgeous!), but I was very glad to leave the cold behind.  Our first day there was clear and sunny, actually, and we didn't even need jackets, but by the time we left...well, nothing we wore was quite warm enough!  It was a good time, though, and so much fun to see our friends again and meet some new ones!  We also got to visit with my cousins and their kids, some of whom I hadn't seen in years!  I would put up a picture of the whole group, but I was the one holding the camera and forgot to take one...photographer is not my calling in life.

Fresh off the plane in SLC, on an impromptu detour to Antelope Island and the Great Salt Lake.

Since we've been back, it's been a lot of work and a bit of play, including, I kid you not, a trip to the Renaissance Festival!  It was hilarious, and actually a ton of fun!  There were quite a few people in costume, which was fun to see, and Kyle and I tried our hands at knife throwing and old-fashioned archery.  How did we do?  Let's just say that in the event of an apocalypse and a subsequent need for self-reliance, Kyle will be nominated as the hunter.  I probably won't even be allowed to touch the weapons, 'cause I just might jinx them.  Kyle had a smoked turkey leg and we both had frozen lemonade, of course, and we sat in on a comedy show or two (I was thoroughly unimpressed with these, but I did get to sit down in the shade for a bit, so, you know).  We watched a jousting match and RODE AN ELEPHANT (the Renaissance period was famous for elephant rides, after all).  We got a bit sunburned, then went home and made sure to get ice cream after dinner.  Good day, right?  Hope that many more are on their way!

We've got our tickets and we're ready to go!
The elephant kept flapping its giant ears on me!


And a 15 week picture, plus my Valentine's Day shoes!

2 comments:

  1. That festival sounds like so much fun. I never thought I would see you on an elephant. You look good. Love the 15 week picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An elephant ride! I am so jealous. Love those Valentine's day shoes! Yay for knowing whether I'll have a new niece or a new nephew soon! :)

    ReplyDelete